It might be because you’re trying to do it by yourself.
Most of it was written to groups and for groups.
One of the following might be worth a shot:
- Bible in One Year app.
- A small group where you’re regularly looking at the text together.
- A songwriting cohort, where you’re trying to write songs jumping off from the scriptures.
- A friendly competition with a competitive mate – first one to read the new testament is bought nandos by the other.
- A weekly meeting where along with your chinwag and your cuppa, you work through a gospel together.
- A whatsapp group where you commit to posting one thought each day on a portion of the scripture.
This isn’t rocket science, but stick with one for 6 months and you may find it to be revolutionary.